How to Enable WPS Button on Spectrum Router?
WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup is a commonly-used feature. It became so popular that routers and devices have incorporated it as a mandatory built-in feature. Many users prefer turning this feature on in order to connect their Wi-Fi devices. The said feature ensures enhanced security and smoothness.
Spectrum routers are popular for their impressive speeds, high-end performance, and zero lag spikes. Most of the Spectrum router comes equipped with a convenient WPS push button. However, the button needs to be enabled because it is not enabled by default. This blog will attempt to cover all the relevant info about the Spectrum WPS button, from enabling it to its effectiveness.
What Exactly Is a WPS Button?
As mentioned already, WPS is an acronym for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. Most routers have this security standard for wireless networks. and the reason for designing this push button is to make your connected devices as well as Wi-Fi connections safer, simpler, and effective.
Moreover, note that the WPS push buttons work for wireless networks, which are encrypted with the security protocols of either the WPA or the WPA2. Also, these protocols are protected with passwords. This means that the WEP security protocol doesn’t support the said WPS feature. And that’s exactly why it is more prone to hackers.
So, if you are a little paranoid and highly conscious about the security concerns, you need to have a router with the WPS push button. It is arguably an excellent feature to ensure faster services and enhanced security.
Spectrum Routers with WPS Features
The best thing about Spectrum routers is that they are well-designed and effectively function with the WPS feature. The only thing you need to do is to enable the said feature because it isn’t enabled by default.
Before we move on to the ways of enabling it, you need to first detect whether there’s a WPS feature on your router or not. Try these steps:
- Locate the button for the WPS function on your router.
- For most Spectrum routers, it is at the back.
- If it’s not physically there, it may have a virtual enabling option in the software.
- Sometimes, it can be on the hardware too.
- The appropriate approach would be consulting the user manual that comes with your router.
Enabling WPS Button on Your Spectrum Router
We are assuming that you have identified the presence of your WPS button on the spectrum router by now. Let’s move on to the enabling part now. We have managed to give you a step-wise guide to avoid any confusion. Also, it is to make sure that you don’t face any typical Internal Server Error. So, here you go:
- Press the WPS button on your router.
- Hold it for three seconds and then release it.
- It will power on.
- Check the network menu settings to see if it is visible.
Ideally, things should work smoothly with your WPS button now. But if not, read on and skim through the troubleshooting part.
Is the WPS Button Not Working on Your Spectrum Router?
No matter how refined and advanced technology is, it can still have errors and glitches. Therefore, if because of some reasons, the WPS feature is not showing in the network menu of your Spectrum router, there can be some issues.
Therefore, to get your WPS feature up and running on your router, try the following steps:
- First, log in to your router.
- Use default ID and password to do so.
- The usual practice is entering a user name such as admin and a password like abcd.
- You will be connected to the default network.
- At the network interface, search and navigate to the option of wireless settings.
- You should be able to locate the button with the WPS feature in these wireless settings.
- Use the arrow keys to locate and click it.
- The WPS button should blink on your Spectrum router now.
- Check if it is flashing. If yes, you are good to go.
That’s it! You can now connect any of your Wi-Fi enabled device without a glitch with your Spectrum router. Enjoy a fast, secure, and stable internet connection. You can thank us later for this guide.
Lastly, if you are still experiencing an issue or need to fix slow upload speed, don’t hesitate to get in touch with a Spectrum customer service representative. They should be able to offer a solution and resolve the issue for you!
Disclaimer: To our knowledge, we have made all the required efforts towards obtaining owner/publisher approval for the use of images in VISIONECLICK.COM blog posts. However, if you find violations of any sorts regarding any image, please feel free to contact us. Prices and packages mentioned may vary with time and the specific locations.