How to Setup the Comcast Remote
It is easy to pick a cable service provider from a pool of many. But that is half the job. Contacting the company, selecting the package that suits your entertainment needs, and setting up the hardware is the other half of the job. Although there are reps who will help you with the whole process, at times problems arise after everything is perfectly set.
And this is not a big deal because gadgets tend to throw a tantrum as well. But the annoying bit is that it happens when you are in the middle of something important. For example, your TV remote might stop responding when you want to tune into your favorite channel to watch your favorite show. In fact, the majority of the times, the remote decides to pose a problem.
So, here is a comprehensive guide for Comcast users on how to program and troubleshoot the TV remote.
How to Setup the Comcast Remote
First things first. Let’s begin with the programming of the remote. You will find the guide on the website as well after you select from the list of seven types of remotes that the company offers. You can find your remote’s model on its back or beneath the battery compartment. Here’s a step-by-step guide for you.
- If you have Xfinity X1 service and the voice remote, begin by pressing the microphone button. Once done, say ‘Program remote’ in the microphone.
- However, if you do not have a voice remote, press the ‘A’ button on your remote. After that, select ‘Remote Setup.’ And follow the instructions on the screen.
But it is not necessary that you have an X1 remote. In case, you don’t, here’s how to go about programming it.
- Head to the ‘Self Help’ screen by pressing the ‘Menu’ button on your remote control. Navigate to ‘iTV’ using the arrow keys and pressing ‘OK’ as your chosen option. Following this, highlight ‘Self Help.’
- After you have access to the ‘Self Help’ screen, choose ‘Set Up Remote.’ Select the model of your remote from here.
- After this, select the device that you wish to control with your remote. This includes TV and DVD Player, to name a few.
- Then select your device’s brand and follow the step-by-step instruction to program your remote.
Once you have successfully learned how to set up Comcast remote and program it, you are ready to use it. However, there can be instances when you face minor (or major) inconveniences. For example, your Comcast remote not working. There can be many reasons behind this. For instance, you dropping the remote in an attempt to hide it from your siblings may be. But there are ways to go about it as well.
Is Your Comcast Remote not Working? – Here’s What to Do
Usually, the very first thing that would come to anyone’s mind is taking out the remote’s batteries and putting them in again. While this may sound basic, but this is one of the very first suggestions that the reps propose if you contact the Xfinity Customer service.
Therefore, if your remote stops responding, try taking out and putting back in the batteries. In case you have a voice remote and this does not help, go to the ‘Settings’ on your X1 box and see if the battery is at 100%. Another option is to reset your box. But if nothing works, you will have to contact a rep or visit a nearby Xfinity store to swap your remote with a new one.
What If You Break the Remote?
Sometimes your Comcast remote not working won’t be the problem. Instead, you not being able to handle the remote properly might be the issue. Under such circumstances (where your remote breaks), you can swap it with a new one. All you need to do is head to a Comcast service center near you and ask for a swap. However, if you are lazy to do so, order a new remote that will be shipped to you via UPS. However, you will have to pay the shipping charges.
In case, you do not want to opt for either of the choices stated above, there is a third option.
Mobile Device as a Remote
If you do not have a remote or your remote stops working at some point in time, you can use your mobile device as a remote. You can do so by downloading the Xfinity X1 on the mobile app. This works for both Apple and Android devices. You can pair it with your TV boxes and use it as a remote till the time you get a new one. There are a couple of ways for using the app as a remote.
- Tap ‘Watch on TV’ to tune into the selected program.
- To tune to a channel on TV listings, tap ‘Watch Channel.’
- You can even access your favorite channels by tapping on ‘Favorite Channels’ in the ‘Settings’ menu.
However, you will need a remote if you wish to make an ‘On Demand’ purchase. The remote app does not serve that purpose.
Hopefully, this guide would help you learn how to set up the Comcast remote and you are able to resolve your remote related issues.
Disclaimer: To our knowledge, we have made all the required efforts towards obtaining owner/publisher approval for the use of images in VISIONECLICK.COM blog posts. However, if you find violations of any sorts regarding any image, please feel free to contact us. Prices and packages mentioned may vary with time and the specific locations.